Page 22 - 2015 Benefit Book v3
P. 22

Donated Big Game Licenses for Disabled Veterans
Any person may donate a big game license for reissuance, free of
charge, to a disabled Veteran. The disabled Veteran must be
selected and sponsored by a nonprofit charitable organization
providing hunting opportunities for disabled Veterans in order to
receive the donated license. Contact a Game and Fish Department
Office to obtain information for organizations providing these

Free Lifetime State Park Pass
Wyoming State Parks & Cultural Resources (SPCR) offers a 50%
Disabled Veteran Annual Day Use and Camping Lifetime Permit. You
must be a resident of Wyoming and submit a letter from the VA
Regional Office certifying the 50% level of service connected disability
and an application from SPCR. The application is available from
State Parks. For more information, call 307-777-6323 or visit

America the Beautiful – The National Parks and Federal
Recreational Lands Pass
Access Pass is a free, lifetime pass available to U.S. Veterans that
have been medically determined to have a permanent disability. The
pass provides access to more than 2,000 recreation sites managed by
five federal agencies. Veterans must be able to provide
documentation of their disability from the U.S. Department of Veterans
Affairs. Veterans can obtain an Access Pass in person, with proper
documentation, from a participating federal recreation site or office.

To learn more about the Access Pass, visit

Veterans Service Organizations

There are many Veterans Service Organizations (VSOs) at the local,
state, and national level. Many offer assistance to Veterans with
disabilities and their families, in addition to their fraternal aspects.

   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27